The ability to understand people and temperaments will improve our overall life. We have all kinds of people in this world and the only way to confirm this is by the different behaviours, body structure and views that emanate from people which makes us distinctly unique.
I can never be you and neither can you ever be me otherwise where will the fun be? Imagine that everyone is like you in the world, how will the world be? It will definitely not be better because there will be no one to correct you, no one to suggest another outlook on a particular topic. Everyone will have your IQ and your level of tenacity.
People and Temperaments
We can divide people based on their temperaments which if understood goes a long way in saving our relationships.
- They can be likened to air.
- They love adventure and have a high-risk tolerance.
- These people are always optimistic, cheerful, spirited, and they give off positive vibes.
- Many people with sanguine personality are likely to struggle with addictions. Their constant cravings may lead to overeating and weight problems.
- These people are very creative and may become great artists. In addition, they are fantastic entertainers and will naturally do well if they choose careers in the entertainment industry.
- They are always on the high side no matter the situation. Always hopeful. They don’t give up easily. They have this fast-paced attitude to life.
- They are likened to water and they are usually a people person.
- They seek interpersonal harmony and close relationships.
- Phlegmatic people are loyal spouses and loving parents.
- They preserve their relationships with old friends, distant family members, and neighbours.
- People with phlegmatic temperament tend to avoid conflicts and always try to mediate between others to restore peace and harmony.
- They are very much into charity and helping others.
- Some of them are not easily excited to work on their passion, you have to be able to push them, talk to them, be a motivator, to be good friends with this type of people.
- They can be likened to the earth.
- These people love traditions. Women cook for men; men open doors for women.
- They love their families and friends.
- Unlike sanguine temperament, these ones do not look for novelty and adventure. In fact, they avoid it at all costs.
- Someone with a melancholic temperament is very unlikely to marry a foreigner or leave their homeland for another country.
- They are very social and seek to contribute to the community.
- Being extremely orderly and accurate, melancholic people are fantastic people managers.
- They are the ones that get easily depressed.
- They can be likened to fire and
- They are usually a goal-oriented person.
- People with choleric personality type are very savvy, analytical, and logical.
- Extremely practical and straightforward.
- Choleric people are not very good companions or particularly social.
- They dislike small talk and enjoy deep and meaningful conversations.
- They would rather be alone than in the company of shallow, superficial people.
- Ideally, they want to spend time with people who have similar professional interests.
In summary, to live a hitch-free life and be at peace with other people;
- Understand the temperament of the person you are dealing with.
- Do not expect too much from people so you won’t be too disappointed when they do not meet up.
- Do not compare Personality A with Personality B. Everyone is different.
- No matter how much it might cost, give everyone a benefit of doubt. Do not be quick to judge, you do not know what that person is passing through.
- Do unto others as you wish to be treated. You can’t treat people like trash and expect them to treat you like gold.
- While some people can be cruel, some can be kind and while some people can be selfish, others can be selfless. Take note of this always.